This is a question we are often asked at BiblioCrunch, “How do I get my eBook on Amazon?” Well here is your answer
To submit your book to Amazon (for the Kindle) here are a few steps.
- Make sure your eBook is ready to be published and distributed to the public.
– Do you have a GOOD cover? -Remember your cover should look professional AND should be catching in thumbnail view as well as full view. After all readers will first see your book in the Kindle store with only a thumbnail size cover image.
– Has your book been through copy edits? This is important and worth the money, if your book has many errors you will not sell. It is as simple as that.
– Do you have an ISBN number? You will need this. Visit isbn.org to apply.
-Is your book formatted properly for Kindle (.mobi) This is another very important step, if you are unsure of how to format your book consider hiring a format expert.
- Create a seller account on Amazon if you do not already have one.
- Log into Amazon’s Digital Text Platform.
- Click the tab “Add a new title”.
- Enter your book information into “Your Book” and “Rights & Pricing” and upload your book/cover art.
-Remember to make a thoughtful description, this is where you sell your book.
-Make sure everything is exactly as you want it – typos in the description will likely be a deterrent to consumers.
-Remember the importance of keywords and categories.
- You will need to enter your social security or tax ID number and bank account to start selling your book (so you can get paid).
- Sell your book!
Kate Tilton is the marketing associate for BiblioCrunch, an author assistant, and a book blogger.